Below is a direct link to download if you have issues viewing on your browser
File size (218 mb) Rt click -> save as…
- A 45 min comprehensive tutorial on how to setup an ik/fk arm
- How to avoid some pit falls with building an ik fk setup
- Building simple animation controls
- Simple blending without constraints and using the power of utility nodes
- How to build a seamless switching script that is BUILT IN THE RIG
- Script will work with referencing and make it so the arm will NEVER pop or float between modes
Why did I do this? Well, I see questions regrading this type of setup all over forums and I wanted to pay back the community for all the help I received when I was starting out. I hope this helps some new comers to rigging or just interested people.
I am including the final file (Should work with Maya 7.0, let me know if it does not) and the code used for making the ik fk switch.
Note: You must have zooToolBox installed and the scripts installed in the correct directory. This process is explained in the video.